Friday, January 20, 2017

Where to stay in Kathmandu during Everest Base Camp Trekking - "Hotel Friends Home"

This is most important part if you are doing solo EBC camping without agency because you will be not aware of local environment.

I would recommend to stay at "Hotel Friends Home" in Thamel Market, Kathmandu.

I am very satisfied with them and will recommend anyone to stay here without any fear or any other issue. 

Very good hotel with excellent facilities inside the room as well as unmatched breakfast for FREE.

Very good staff and will help you to carry luggage to your room (as there is no elevator, but you are going EBC!!).

I stayed here for 4 times in 30 days.
  • 2 nights before EBC trek. 
  • 3 nights after EBC trek
  • 1 night after coming back from Chitwan National park and going to India.
  • 1 night after coming back from India and before departuring for SFO.
All the time they were storing my luggage free.!!

They came to airport to pick me (FREE) first time to Kathmandu airport so I don't have to worry about. They have driver waiting for me with my name.!!

They arrange taxi every time I want to go for airport.

They book tickets for me to Lukla as well as excellent package for Chitwan Jungle Safari. 

Also they will show  you Nepal tourism office to get TIMMS permit. You can go walking (20 min) or take taxi which will not cost more than 200 rupees.

Thanks
Ken




No comments:

Post a Comment